|John, Mary and Dad at Windsor|
|Me and Tom in London|
This being 2012, the year of the London Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, there are loads of GB-themed scrapping goodies around, so I thought it would be fun to do some Red White & Blue layouts...
First, I went shopping for a basic kit
(I only spent about a fiver because I split packs with friends)
- A selection of papers and a die cut from the Portobello Road collection by Papermania (split pack)
- 2 sheets Kraft cardstock (from a pad of assorted designs)
- 1 sheet of red shimmer cardstock (eBay!)
- Some ShrinkArt shrink plastic in cream and clear (been wanting to try it for ages)
- Assorted ribbons, buttons, beads and jewellery findings (from my stockpile)
- Self-adhesive "diamonds"
- Sheet of Grungeboard
- Stick of silver sealing wax
Since my initial shopping trip, I've gradually added bits and pieces as they've come along -
- Some sequins (shiny!)
- A length of Union Jack cotton ribbon (found in a florist outlet)
- 3 rolls of electrical tape (happened to spot them in my son's flat)
- A London-themed stamp set by Kanban Crafts
- More Portobello Road papers and a stamp set (free on a magazine)
So now I have squirrelled away enough stash to make up three or four patriotic pages - especially if I chuck in a couple of sheets of plain white cardstock.
Just need to add a sprinkling of memorabilia from and the photos we took in London -
But first I need a birthday card for my Dad and I've just had an idea....