We're working through the alphabet over at Tag Tuesday and this week is the turn of the letter 'Y' - not an easy one to work with, but in the end I went for 'Yesterday' so I could go utterly vintage and use some gorgeous new bits and bobs ...
I started with a scrap of smooth ivory card and then did lots of stamping with Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger to create a vintage style background for this sweet little girl.
- The black lace is Delicate Lace stamp by Kaisercraft
- The pretty wording is Prairie Chic by Bo Bunny
- The other text is Dictionary Meanings by Kaisercraft
- The beautiful little girl stamp is Wavy Locks by Rubber Stamp Tapestry
- The splatters are a little clear stamp which came free on a magazine
- Even the word 'Yesterday' was done with a 99p set of tiny letter stamps
Because Archival Ink is waterproof, it meant I could then go in with various shade of Distress Ink to grunge it up a bit (Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Worn Lipstick, Walnut Stain, Black Soot).
Finally added a cluster of 13Arts flowers with some punched ivy leaves, a Papermania fabric brad and some vintage buttons and finished with a crochet cord to go through the top.
Thanks for having a look at my tag - if you haven't been over to Tag Tuesday already, why not head over there now? You really will be amazed and inspired at the variety of ideas and beautiful tags.
Also remember to enter my giveaway to be in with a chance to win one of two parcels of gorgeous ribbons - you have until July 3rd! Just click on the Grand Opening Giveaway at the top of the RH sidebar to go to the original post - GOOD LUCK!!!
Cheerio for now, see you again soon.