Here's the Case File (click on the image to enlarge so you can read alll the clues)
Debbi Tehrani seeks out a new Scene to investigate. From this image she pulls colours, journaling prompts and ideas for design elements
(CSI = Color, Stories, Inspiration).
In order to solve the Case, you need to design a page which follows all the clues -
- All five colours in the Scheme
- At least two items of Evidence
- At least one piece of Testimony
To help us do this, there is also a set of CSI Coordinates for every Case - this is a fantastic collection of images, journaling spots and patterned papers, designed by Michele Singh which CSI members can download and print off or use for digi pages - brilliant isn't it?!
Without further rambling, here's how I solved the case (click on the image to enlarge it)
So, have I followed all the clues?
- The Scheme: all the colours are there, with a couple of touches of a brighter yellow and a paler turquoise (you're allowed neutrals and up to 10% accent colour)
- The Evidence: tag; vellum; metal; buttons; frame; decorative borders.
- The Testimony: I was going to do a numbered list of things I wanted to remember about Rose, who sadly passed away suddenly in 2009 after I'd moved away from Cornwall, but I quickly realised that five wouldn't be enough, so I settled for handwriting my journaling in continuous cursive all around the edge of the page. It reads as follows: "loved to look after people... creative soul ... always ready to laugh ... loved beautiful things like amber glass, baubles and jewellery ... compulsive squirrel ... fragile ... patient mentor ... hostess with the mostest ... great colleague ... wonderful friend ... devoted wife, mother and daughter ... ... may you RIP x Rose x"
I hope Rose would approve of my page - I think she'd like the jewelled frame and the little white bird (which was actually sold as a cupcake decoration) and I know she would have loved scrapping!
Here are some close-ups under the magnifying glass so you can check my evidence for yourself:
Thanks for looking at my page - check out the fabulous gallery over at CSI to see the many and varied takes on this week's Case File.
Cheerio for now, see you again soon :o)xxx