CSI is kicking off the New Year with a Case File full of fresh, bright colours and fun elements - what a breath of fresh air! Here it is (click on the image to enlarge it so you can read the clues) ...
CSI mastermind Debbi Tehrani has found another intriguing Scene for us to investigate - from this image she has taken the five colours for the Scheme and inspiration for design elements, techniques and journaling.
Here's a little peek at how I solved this case ...
All you have to do is follow these clues to make a scrapbook page ...
- Use all five colours in the Scheme (plus neutrals and an accent colour if you like)
- Include at least two items from the Evidence as techniques, design elements or embellishments
- Use at least one item from the Testimony to inspire your journaling
This time, I also used this wonderful sketch by Angela Star at Scrap Friends for the January Sketch Challenge - it was so much fun to work with, I think I will do another one if I get time ...
So, here's my finished page ...
Most unnerving and very, very weird, but completely hilarious!
But did I follow all the clues???
- The Scheme: all the colours are there, plus some black.
- The Evidence: frames; polka dots; hearts; fabric; paint; word stickers; doily; ribbon.
- The Testimony: I used the IW "smile". My journaling is doodled all around the edge of the page, so I guess you could say it's in a frame as well! It reads as follows:
"I will never forget the moment when I stepped outside the front door to see twenty Johns smiling back at me ... what a day"
Here are some close-ups so you can check for clues under the magnifying glass!
- Puffy fabric heart sticker from Every Crafts A Pound
- Splashes of Distress Paint in Picked Raspberry doodled around with black pen.
- Layered felt flower was in my Scrapology prize pack
- The little shiny heart stickers are Prima Sugar Dots
- Prima flowers from the Funky Farm September kit
- MME Tiny Word Stickers
- Arrow cut from one of the Echo Park "Here & Now" collection patterned papers
- Circles stamped in Distress paint, using the lid from the paint pot
- Chalkboard speech bubble cut from the Echo Park "Here & Now" collection patterned papers
- Chalkboard frames cut from MME Chalk Studio pp
- Can't remember who makes the polaroid frame shape you can see here, but there was a whole 12"x12" sheet of them in one of my Quirky Kits
- Doily from a Dovecrafts pack - I dabbed it with Distress Paint in Picket Fence to tone it down
- I cut the photo apart and mounted my head on a paper spring to make it pop out
- Gorgeous Prima White Alpha Stickers are made of a canvas-type fabric which I've coloured with Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry - must get some more of these!
- Chipboard frame I've had forever to add emphasis to the title
- Knotted length of polka-dotted ribbon
- I made a bit of a booboo with the word "smiling", but it was a lucky accident as I ended up writing the word again on another piece of the cardstock and popping it up on foam dots which helps to accent the key word - I may even use this idea again on purpose!
Thanks for looking at my page - remember to check out the gallery over at CSI for more inspiration and why not have a go yourself? It's a very friendly place and there are some lovely prizes to be won - you have until next Sunday .... go on, you know you want to!
Cheerio for now :o)xxx