I had a great time with last month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge so I really wanted to have another go, but as there is so much going on at the moment I was just going to do a small kit, maybe use it to make a couple of cards or something ... hmmm ... didn't quite work out that way. Here's my kit ...
Once I started rummaging through my drawers I just couldn't stop and it grew and grew and grew! But that's one of the best things about CKC - it gets you busting that stash :o)
The inspiration for this month came from Kits de Somni. We had a choice of three and I pulled elements from each of them to create my kit which I'm going to call "Hearts & Flowers" . I love the combination of black, white, pink and red with a dash of light blue in this one ...
- MME Chalk Studio Chipboard Elements which I got from SJ Crafts
- Teresa Collins Notations "Alphabet" which I've been saving for special forever
- A sheet of checkerboard paper from my G45 Mother Goose collection
- 7 Gypsies Gaffer Tape
- Assorted washi tape, twine and buttons from my stash
- The cassette tape printables and the little file tabs are some of my DIY Bellies, which I'll do a mini tutorial for in a separate post.
More DIY Bellies which I'll include in the mini tutorial
MME Lost & Found "Record It!" 6x6 paper pad from SJ Crafts
- Assorted stamp sets from Heidi Swapp and Frog Dog
- Strip of leftover paper from the Simple Stories "Say Cheese" collection
- Sequins for a bit of sparkle!
- The tags and envelope were inspired by Choice #2
- Zig black journaling pen and Pilot white pen (which I paid only 99p for and so far works better than any other white pen I've tried by the way)
- Prima Canvas Alphas in black
- Studio Calico wood veneer stars inspired by Choice #3
- Bright pink doiley from DoCrafts
Some random items here which I dug out but can't remember where they came from - the little fuzzy heart, the acetate cameras and the heart-shaped doiley seemed to fit in perfectly
Also some patterned papers from different collections -
- Echo Park Lori Whitlock "Love Story"
- Crate Paper Maggie Holmes "Elizabeth Kate"
- Stampin' Up! - the red check is the reverse of a design from a school-themed range
- Pebbles Inc the Mr & Mrs "Pinstripe" - dots on the reverse so I have two sheets here
MME Chalk Studio frame - I've added vellum to it to echo the ones in the inspiration kit
Patterned papers left to right -
- G45 Mother Goose collection
- Shaped red cardstock I've had so long I don't know where it came from
- Remains of a black and white paper pad I've had since the Dark Ages and if I don't use it this time it will be turned into paper beads!
- Webster's Pages by Alison Kreft "Flower Melody"
- 13 Arts All Is Love "Big Love"
- American Crafts Shoreline "Pelican Bay"
- Plain cardstock in black, white, grey, kraft and pale blue
So, that was about it, until I was packing my lovely kit into a pizza box and realised I had no flowers - so I chucked in a bunch ... and then I came across a couple more perfect little extras whilst hunting from something else .
- Jillibean White Smile "Wise Words"
- Grace Taylor Die Cut shapes
So that really is everything - now I just need to throw in a couple of endless days so I have time to play with it all! :o)
Thanks for checking out my kit - remember to have a look at the CKC Blog for loads of inspiration, challenges and tutorials throughout the month.