Sunday, 23 September 2012

Here is how I solved Case #37 at CSI this week. The Scheme was really fun, with wine red and sky blue which really popped against the monochrome black/white/grey. This month all the Case Files include a Sketch and this one for lovely to work with.

This was the first one - a gorgeous picture of my little step-grandson Bailey on the day he graduated from kindergarten (how cute is that?!)
I had a lovely time with the background - misting through a gears template and then drawing around the shapes with a pen, splashing drops of pearlescent glue all over the place, dotting liquid pearls to make scrolls and then doodling around the edges just for fun because I was well into it by then - it will probably be one of those things that crops up a lot in my pages for a while now...
Here are some close ups
One of my pieces of Evidence to solve the Case was to use packaging - you can see a barcode from some rub-ons here, and the torn strip from a dvd envelope. The buttons were another piece.
Some more packaging here - a display card which the photo is mounted on and some blue tissue wrapping tucked in behind it. You can see how much I enjoyed the doodling too!
More buttons tied with twine and a Cuttlebug-squished bottle top with a rub-on b for Bailey.
The journalling is written as a diary entry on a tag tucked behind the photo, with a "pull me" arrow pointing to it.
And now here's my second go - a bit different - it shows my Great-Grandfather Archie walking out with his second wife Ida. The journalling is written over three random spaces on the page and tells about how he was a tailor and always like to be smartly turned out. It also hints that there are many more stories to be told ...
The background was fun to do - I used a piece of black net and pasted it to the page with gesso, allowing it to crinkle here and there and then drying it with a heat gun so that it melted slightly.
Enjoyed using my new picket fence die for the first time (of many!)
Here are some close ups
I used some vintage buttons from my button box (Evidence) and a black gem flourish I've been saving for something special for years. I'm still enjoying the Dymo and I love the way it contrasts against the vintage style bits as part of the title.
My other piece of Evidence is this little butterfly, which was die cut from an acetate blister pack and coloured with alcohol inks.
Now I'm off to CSI have a look at how everyone else has solved the case! Check it out - you'll be impressed and inspired I promise you :)






No comments: