- I stamped the image twice - then I cut the first one to fit the coaster, glued it down and sanded the edge.
- I carefully cut the beetle bodies out of the second image and stuck them over the first one with repositionable glue. This meant that they would work as little masks which could be removed later.
- Then I used Distress Inks in "Shaded Lilac", "Scattered Straw" and "Mowed Lawn" to colour the background, finishing with "Black Soot" around the edge.
- I really enjoyed removing the masks to reveal the plain stamped image underneath.
- Each bug was then coloured in with Wispa pens and I added Glossy Accents to the bodies for depth and shine.
- A chipboard letter "B" was also coloured with a Wispa pen and glued to the centre.
- After leaving to dry overnight, I punched a hole with my Crop-a-Dile and threaded a length of purple ribbon through to finish my tag.
As I was walking home through the snow this evening, I was thinking of various ideas for my "C" tag next week ... hmmm ....
Nip over to Tag Tuesday and see what everyone else came up with - it's always amazing to see so many different ideas for the same theme.