No time to get stuck in to anything on my desk today .... BUT that's because I've been busy getting to go off on a crafty jaunt wooHOOO!!! Tomorrow I am off to Banbury - I shan't be riding a Cock Horse, I will be on the train, but I will be seeing some Fine Ladies :o)
Four of us have rented a house and the plan is FIVE WHOLE DAYS of cake-eating, wine-swilling, pasty-gobbling, tongue-wagging CRAFTY MAYHEM and we've been looking forward to it for such a long time.
So on my desk today is all the stuff I'm taking with me ...
- Top left is my new Pride and Joy - the iPad which I hope will enable me to keep up with stuff like WOYWW whilst I'm away (it's white and at the moment it has a denim screen saver which I think looks really cool with the woodgrain effect case - still can't manage to open it the right way up though)
- There are three envelopes with little surprises I made for the girls and three shades of nail varnish (can't make up my mind, might have to wear all three).
- You can also see on the right my Smash Book which I have only just started - thought I'd put this "scrapping on the go" malarkey to the test.
- And peeking out from under that is a copy of SBM which I had a feature in so I can do a bit of show'n'tell (nice way of saying show off!)
- I'm also taking my Zentangle kit, which is not a lot - some fineliner pens, a pencil and the little bundle of 3" square "tiles" you can see to the left of the picture below
- I've cut them from some lovely smooth white card which I got from Stampin'Up! - seemed a shame to cut it up, but it needs to be really good card to draw the lines properly and enjoy the process.
- On my iPad I have a pdf which I got when I subscribed to Tangle.com (see link on the right) - it's great because it has links to tutorials on all the tangles and once you have subscribed you get automatic links to any new ones (several every week). Hopefully this weekend will give me a chance to really get stuck in to some serious Tangling.
- The last thing I'm taking which you can see on the right of the picture above, is a little collection of tools and stuff from Ten Second Studio, as one of the girls makes miniatures and asked if I knew a way to make tiny distressed metal book covers .... I've put in some recycled tomato puree tube as well as the pristine metal sheets as I think it will work just as well if not better and anyway I <3 recycling!
Thanks for looking at my deskful of promise this week - I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to whilst I'm on the train tomorrow - aaaaah the wonder of new technology ..... :o)