Case File #106 over at CSI this week is another delicious concoction of fresh colours, sprinkled with sweet ideas for design elements and garnished with a generous bunch of journaling prompts (can you tell that I am back on my diet and therefore obsessed with food?!)
CSI Mastermind Debbi Tehrani has found this interesting Scene for us to delve into this week - from this image, she has pulled five colours for the Scheme, ideas for design elements and inspiration for journaling prompts.
To solve the case, you need to make a scrapbook page using the following clues -
- All five colours in the Scheme
- At least two pieces of Evidence
- At least one item of Testimony
And here's how I solved this case ...
This page is all about one of my New Year's Resolutions - a reminder to myself that it's great to squeeze as much as possible out of life, but it's important to remember that it's meant to be fun - so I shouldn't beat myself up if I don't finish all the projects on my list, but I should always enjoy the journey.
The layout is based on this wonderful sketch by Nadia Cannizzo for the Once Upon a Sketch January challenge ...
So, did I follow all the clues for Case File 106?
- The Scheme: the colours are all there, plus neutrals a a tiny touch of bright blue.
- The Evidence: arrows; speech bubble; quote sticker; stripes.
- The Testimony: this is written all around the edge of the page in a doodling style and reads,
"this year i want to squeeze as much as i can out of every day but I also want to remember to enjoy and not to give myself a hard time if i don't always manage to finish everything."
I also wrote myself a little reminder on the typewriter,
"Remember that it's supposed to be fun! Enjoy the journey."
Here are a couple of close-ups so you can check for clues ...
I used a whole lot of patterned papers from different collections -
- Pebbles Inc Country Picnic "Back Porch"
- Cosmo Cricket Evangeline "Sashing"
- American Crafts Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic "Simplicity Circle"
- Crate Paper Neighbourhood "Visit"
- Three Bugs In A Rug Happy Bird-Day "Bird-Day Stripe"
- Carta Bella Hello Again "Typewriters"
The edges of all the pp were distressed with my trusty Tim Holtz distressing tool - I love the way this adds depth and definition to the layers - and I also doodled around everything for added emphasis.
The splats were created with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in Canna Lily Burnt Orange and I doodled around those as well!
One last close-up ...
The photo mount hinges upwards to reveal an extra space for journaling, which I may add to later ...
See you again soon :o)xxx