The March challenge over at the SJ Crafts Blog is to be inspired by this photo collage ...
You can use the photo collage to be inspired in any way you wish, here are some ideas -
- Scrap a photo of a place you love to visit.
- Take a walk at a place near where you live and take some photos of your surroundings to make a layout.
- Be inspired by the colours : greys, beige, stone, creams.
- Scrap a photo which has no people in it.
- Scrap a photo of a beach, sea, sky, clouds, sunset etc
For my take on the challenge, I decided to take inspiration from the layout of the photos and made this very quick and simple multi-photo page featuring "double-selfies" of me and my DH ...
I used patterned papers from the MME Chalk Studio 2 Collection - I love the contrast of the blackboard effect against the chalky pastel colours.
- The bunting was hand cut from the packaging - waste not, want not! - it adds a splash of chalky colour and covers the word "today" which I didn't really want on this page. I curled the tips of each piece and used foam dots to give them some movement.
- The photos are printed out in black/white so they would all work together even though they were taken at different times, then they were matted onto some of the patterned paper.
- The little word stickers and the number 2 were adhered to scraps of the paper, before being adhered with pop dots for extra dimension.
Why not have a go at this challenge yourself - pop over to the SJ Crafts Blog and link up, and you will be in with a chance to win that prize!
If you don't have a blog, you can still link up via the SJ Crafts Facebook Page - just post a picture of your page, then grab the URL for that post (right-click on the grey date/time under your post then left-click "copy link address") and paste that into the Mr Linky button which you'll find at the bottom of the March Challenge post on the SJ Crafts Blog - easy!
Thanks for visiting today - see you again soon :o) xxx