It's time to unlock Case File #112 over at CSI this week - it's full of muted shades and softness, very pretty ...
From this inspiration image, CSI Mastermind Debbi pulls colours and ideas for techniques, design elements and journaling.
The challenge is to create a scrapbook page using the clues in the Case File (click on the image above to see the detail more easily) -
- all the colours in the Scheme
- at least two items from the Evidence
- at least one item from the Testimony
I also used this sketch by Riikka Kovasin for the Scrap365 March challenge ...
My background looks a bit dark - I haven't ended up with the soft, ethereal quality of the inspiration image ...
... but I really enjoyed following the sketch and all the clues ...
- Scheme: all the colours are there, but there's a bit too much of that darker green
- Evidence: patterned background; something sheer; wood; frames; flowers; buttons
- Testimony: I created a vellum pocket from some packaging, to hold my journaling. It reads as follows; " A lovely summer's day out with Ian, Sally and her friend Liz, over on a visit from France. We all got along so well it was brilliant, and the picnic Sally made was magnifique!"
Here's a look through the magnifying glass ...
Background paper is from the Nostalgic collection by Dream Street Papers
Wooden stars are from Studio Calico
Chipboard stickers from the Simple Stories Daily Grind Collection
A posy of flowers and a vintage wooden button from my stash
So that's my solution to Case File #112 - why don't you have a go? Check out all the wonderful inspiration over at CSI and upload your page to the gallery - I'll see you there! :o)