The theme over at Tag Tuesday this week was "In The Style Of ..." This gave me so much scope that I couldn't even decide what to do until this afternoon! In the end, I chose to make my tag in the style of one of my favourite You Tubers, Vicky Papaioannou. I've spent many happy hours watching this clever lady create beautiful cards and inspiring art journal pages and I thought it would be fun to try and emulate her distinctive style.
Here's my tag ...
There are several elements to my tag which I think are typical of Vicky's style -
- Patterned tissue paper applied with matte medium to add interest to the background
- Gesso to give a good surface to work for paints and inks.
- Distress Paints applied with a baby wipe to give a softly blended effect
- Stamping and stencilling to add texture
- Whimsical scene created by paper piecing hand drawn and stamped images rather than colouring in
- After a final coat of matte medium, Pitt Big Brush Pens used to add shading around all the pieces.
- White pen doodling around black lettering.
I really need to get on to next week's tag now - theme is going to be "Anything But Paper" - how intriguing ....
Pop over to Tag Tuesday to see what everyone else has done with this week's theme - there are so many possibilities!
Thanks for visiting my blog today, see you again soon :o)