Just in the nick of time to catch Mr Linky for March on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, here is the last page I've made with my Flea Market Finds kit - I've cheated and incorporated Challenge #2 and Challenge #3 in the same layout as I was running out of time ...
Challenge #2 was to be inspired by something on Jennifer Grace Creates - well that wasn't difficult because Jennifer's blog is always inspiring and although our styles are very different, her influence can be seen on my page. Challenge #3 was to add texture to your background, so I brought that in as well. My other goal was to use up as much of my kit as possible, ready to start a new one for April! So, here are a few close-ups and details ...
- There are lots of tutorials on Jennifer's blog - I was inspired to make the paper straw you can see tucked in here, and a paper fan flower.
- The enamel dot and the touch of bling are also something that Jennifer likes to use on her pages. The cork arrow and the circular label were a couple of my March Makes
- Distressing the edges of all the layers adds texture, as does the torn watercolour paper, the doily, the cork and the rolled paper.
- Another little Jennifer-style sprinkle of goodies here - I usually tend to group most of my embellies together, but this time I've scattered them around the page.
- More roughened edges and rolled paper, and I've tucked in some of the stamped tickets from my March Makes
- The background and other patterned papers are from the Crate Paper Flea Market collection
- The journaling cards are from a cut-apart sheet in the Teresa Collins Daily Stories collection
- Word labels and chipboard bunting from my March Makes
- Washi tape for another pop of colour and texture
- The pink bunting was given a wash of Distress Stain in Picket Fence to tone it down
Thanks for visiting today, see you again soon