Today I would like to show you my page for April challenge #1 over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. This month the inspiration for our counterfeit kit was CSI Case File 112 - a soft, dreamy and romantic combination of colours, design elements and journaling prompts. The kit I pulled together from my stash is called Daydream Believer - here's a peek ...
They're mixing it up for April Fools at CKC - there's a fun contest to enter as you hop around the DT blogs (check it out here, you have until the 16th to enter!), and instead of the usual masterclass in forgery on the 8th of the month, there was some Sketchy Business going on ... I wonder what else they have up their sleeves :o) Anyway, let's have a look at the first challenge ...
Challenge #1: Blog Design Challenge: Visit each of our Design Team Members and choose a blog design that you think you can translate into a scrappy project. Look at their color scheme, theme, perhaps and element and use that on your card or layout.
I thought this was an ingenious idea for a challenge - there was so much scope and inspiration to be found from the DT Members blogs ...
Maggie's blog header features bunting, a polaroid frame and a torn notebook page (all things I love to use)
I loved the twirl of twine meandering across the top of Angela's blog - another favourite item
Jemma's blog has the most gorgeous watercolour effect background in juicy pinks and oranges
There's a grassy border running across Julene's blog, with dandelion clocks which I could cut and stamp
Lesley's blog has a treasure trove of washi tape as the background - you can never have too much washi!
I loved the clean white space and black borders on Lisa's blog and her header would make a great sketch
Leslie's blog has a gorgeous cloudy sky as the background - so many possibilities there
I loved the clean, bright style of Lynette's blog, the white space and colourful bunting
Millissa's blog has an eclectic style which I love, with an ornate frame, funky colours and white space
Stephanie's blog has a fab skyline, polaroids pegged across the page and a sprinkle of sequins - yummy!
So, lots of inspiration there as you can see - the hardest part was deciding which one to use. In the end, I went back to the beginning. I love the style of the bunting and the polaroid frame on Maggie's blog header and I used those on my page ...
Everything I've used here is from my Daydream Believer kit. The bunting was made by cutting triangles from the vellum, adding eyelets with my Crop-a-Dile and threading with twine ...
It's taken me thirty years to scrap this picture of my youngest son, Tom, at about five months old - he's quite a bit taller now, but other than that he hasn't changed a bit!
So, that's the first challenge, now for Challenge #2 ... :o)