Friday, 18 September 2015

Daisy, Daisy ...

Hi there,

It's me AGAIN with a second project to show you this week ...


I used the daisy and some stitching detail from my Georgie Stamp Set, a sentiment from a gorgeous set designed by Jennifer Ellory which was free on a magazine, and a beautiful smooth oval of Stampbord (that isn't a spelling mistake by the way). Here's how I made it ...



I used Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger to stamp my image, using the flower and leaves form the Georgie set  and using a pen to add the stem (this turned out to be a mistake, as the pen was not waterproof, as I was soon to discover) ...


Then I began to add colour with Distress Inks, working from the centre outwards and starting with the palest colour, Squeezed Lemonade ...


... then adding shades of blue for the sky ...


... and shades of green for the grass ...


... then flicking with water for added texture ...


I used one of the stitching elements from the Georgie set unmounted ...


... just pressing it into the ink and dabbing it here and there to create a grassy effect ...


Then I dug out a scratchy tool and now comes the really fun part - you can scrape away the colour to expose the white surface underneath and bring the image to life ...


All I had left to do was to add my sentiment - which I stamped using the Archival Ink and the words from the Jennifer Ellory set.

This will probably end up on a card, but apparently you can punch holes in Stampbord with a Crop-A-Dile, so it could be turned into a sweet little hanging decoration. I can't wait to try this with some of my other stamp sets!

Thanks for popping in today, see you again soon :o)

Annie xxx


3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks fabulous! Love Distress inks for this sort of blending....I pretty sure I've used a similar board in my die cutting machine.....looks similar - bought it from Stampin' UP.....anyways, love your project :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the blending of colours in this!

Helen Tilbury said...

Very pretty indeed!!